Network Administrator & PC Technician
132 Withington Ave – Rio Linda, CA 95673
firstname.lastname@example.org – 916.289.6436
I’ve worked for nearly 20 years solving PC related problems, network hiccups and helping to bridge the end-user knowledge gap. I have two decades of experience supporting operations in the motor control, water/wastewater, banking and real estate industries. I am personable, friendly, humble and I come to work every day with my years of knowledge, experience and common sense. Please don’t hesitate to call.
General Manager (GM)
A-1 Storage, Rio Linda, CA
2013 to Present
Managed every aspect of the day-to-day business. From accounting to customer service, marketing, web development, technical support, maintenance, payroll, hiring.
- Increased occupancy rate from 63.8% in July 2013 to 76.6% in December 2014.
- Decreased delinquency rate from 22% in July 2013 to 7.9% in December 2014.
- Increased automatic payment rate by 8.6%
- Improved customer service performance, engaged with local community market, and raised the quality of the marketing program.
- Refocused on appropriate marketing channels including local media, hyper-local web advertising, Google Adwords, and engaged aggregation websites to sell our product. Updated and upgraded internal management systems, sharply reducing costs and improving performance.
- Engaged with local organizations and charities, including Chamber of Commerce, County Planning, local food closets and local sports teams, raising our visibility in the critical local market area.
Tesco Controls, Inc., Sacramento, CA
2001 to 2010
- 2007 Employee of the Year
- Manage daily operation of computer networks including hardware/software support, training and special projects
- Plan, design and implement data connectivity for local area network (LAN) and wide area network (WAN) systems
- Provide technical support to over 200 local and remote end-users
- Install, design, configure and maintain hardware and software including physical and virtual network servers; System installation, backup, maintenance and problem solving
- Manage all projects relating to the corporate website and SharePoint intranet. Manage all direct mail and email marketing campaigns.
- Establish and maintain user accounts, profiles, file sharing, access privileges and security
- Perform daily server tape back-ups, Maintain server updates and anti-virus distribution
- Research, analyze, monitor, troubleshoot and resolve server and network problems
- Plan, coordinate and consult with vendors and co-workers for hardware/software purchases
- Manage company technology assets including cell phones, cameras, GPS systems, two way radios, projectors, and laptops
Field Service Technician
Fiserv FSC, Agoura Hills, CA
2000 to 2001
- Responsible for software installation, configuration and support for independent insurance agencies.
- Responsible for all of Northern California, from Fresno to Oregon
EPI Leasing Company, Citrus Heights, CA
1998 to 2000
- Maintained Novell Netware and Microsoft Windows computer network
- Provide technical support to 30 – 40 local users
Advertising & Marketing, HTML5, CSS3
Sacramento City College, Sacramento, CA
Novell Netware 5 Certified Netware Administration
California Business Institute – Sacramento, CA
- Windows Server 2003/2008
- Active Directory
- Group Policy Management
- Windows SharePoint services
- Microsoft Exchange 2005
- SonicWall & Enhanced O/S
- Barracuda Spam Firewall
- Symantec Backup Exec
- Symantec Enterprise Antivirus
- Numara Track IT
- Windows XP
- Windows 7
- Microsoft Office
- 802.11 WiFi
From 2001 – 2010 I worked as Network Administrator and Technical Publicist for an industrial control systems integrator in Sacramento, managing the Active Directory, client devices, servers and switches on a 250-node, 3-site Microsoft Windows network.
My experience includes Windows XP and 7, Windows Server 2003, Exchange 2003, MS-SQL Server, Barracuda Spam Firewall, Sonicwall gateways and VPN, and Overland Systems Snap servers. I’m well versed in TCP/IP, DNS, and DHCP.
In 2004, my team successfully migrated the enterprise from a single Novell Netware 5 server to a multi-server Microsoft Windows network, integrating MS-SQL server and MS Exchange 2003.
In addition to my technical skills, I developed IT policies and procedures, particularly in the area of safe computing and acceptable use. I’m an expert Microsoft Office user, and have trained users on Outlook, Word, and Office Communicator.